Transforming Today’s Grade 9-12 Students Into Tomorrow’s Leaders
According to a Gallop survey, 45 percent of pre-college students said they plan to start their own business, while 42 percent said they will invent something that changes the world.
However, most students don't learn the skills they need to successfully create a business in school.
Over a four-month period, JA’s Company Program teaches grade 9-12 students how to organize and operate a real business. Volunteers from the local business community work with students to launch and run a small enterprise. This gives students the real-world skills and experience that they need to achieve their dreams of becoming entrepreneurs.
In this hands-on program, students learn the risks and rewards of starting a business and how to build positive relationships with the community. They will:
- • Solve real business challenges
• Gather data, evaluate choices and create a plan
• Learn how to incorporate their business
• Capitalize by selling shares
• Develop and market a product or service
• Learn about teamwork, responsibility and business ethics
• Appoint a management team that will best enable them to achieve their company’s mission
• Maintain and analyze financial records
• Set sales goals and make effective sales pitches
By the end of Company Program, students will understand how to run a successful business enterprise. This will give them confidence and empower them to become Canada’s future CEOs.
For more information about Company Program or to get involved, contact your local JA Canada office.